Threads
Members
Latest member
stngoldberg
Recent bookmarks

JADoss23

Shooter
Multi Format
I recently went on a trip with my Contax G1 and 28mm lens and when I got the negatives back the majority of the pictures have a darker spot in the upper left hand side. I thought it may be the roll I used but then realized it was on every roll. Is there something going on with my lens causing this? attaching a scan for reference. thanks

Attachments

• jdoss-1017-EKTAR-13.jpg
    jdoss-1017-EKTAR-13.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 157

abruzzi

Shooter
Large Format
I recently developed a couple rolls and had the identical spots on every frame. When I saw the first roll, I thought it was a light leak (new camera) then when I saw it on the second roll, shot with a different camera, I realized it was in the scanning setup. Which is to say, can you see these on the negative itself?

OP
OP
JADoss23

JADoss23

Shooter
Multi Format
I recently developed a couple rolls and had the identical spots on every frame. When I saw the first roll, I thought it was a light leak (new camera) then when I saw it on the second roll, shot with a different camera, I realized it was in the scanning setup. Which is to say, can you see these on the negative itself?

It's on the negatives. I also had rolls developed at two different labs so why I assume its something with the camera. Just can't figure it out.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Is there any foreign matter inside the camera? Some light seal material hanging from the mirror when it is up?
Alternatively something hanging loose from a lens shade?
It can't be in the lens because that wouldn't image on the film.

OP
OP
JADoss23

JADoss23

Shooter
Multi Format
I'll have to look when I get home. Light seal hanging sounds possible. Thanks for the help. Hopefully just something simple like that.

OP
OP
JADoss23

JADoss23

Shooter
Multi Format
Took the lens off and there was a lot of blue corrosion around the silver part of the lens and body where they connect. Cleaned it up but didn't see any light seal hanging. Also don't think the G1 has a mirror that I can see since it's a rangefinder. So not sure what else could cause the spot. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom