Speedy 3 1/4x 4 1/4 to Polaroid?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Anscojohn, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is it worth acquiring a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Speed Graphic with the intention of converting to use Fuji pack film? Anyone know if such a conversion is easy and reasonably priced? TIA

2. Moopheus

Moopheus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    At a guess (I haven't tried it, so it is just a guess), I suppose you could take a Polaroid 405 back and cut it down to fit. But whether that would be worth it to you (as opposed to using a 4x5 Speed for the same purpose) is up to you.

3. OP
    OP
    Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your input, Moo. So it might be practicable, then. I am thinking a 3 1/4 Speedy could be had cheaply; and, of course, the film is cheaper than 4x5.

4. JRJacobs

JRJacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes, it should be simple to do. You would need a basic Polaroid back, and a plate cut to size to mount the back on.

I would think, however, it might be easier/better to simply buy a Mamiya Universal with a Polaroid back, or a Polaroid 180 if you want to shoot full frame polas.

5. OP
    OP
    Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks. But.....Whaaaat! Do something the easy way!? An Apuger!???:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.