Sources of Microfilms

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by tiberiustibz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Where do I find these? I'm looking for various formats and all I can find is one horridly expensive source of 35mm size.

2. ArtO

ArtO Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You might try contacting Fuji or Agfa commercial sales for reseller info.

3. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    mr. goooooogle
    can be quite helpful ..
    email or call a company that does it, they might be able to give you a source for film ... 9mm ?

4. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Look for dealers in the microfilm supply. Typically those films are sold in packages of several rolls, but a dealer might sell you a single roll.
    Or you might approach a microfilming business and obtain a single roll from them.

5. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    35mm micro film is made to order and sold by Kodak. The name of the film is Imagelink HQ. It is a very nice panchromatic film. A few micro film dealers are willing to sell it at approx. $40.00 per single hundred foot roll. This is quite a high price. It has been offered by foreign suppliers at 60 Euros a roll plus a sizable freight charge to USA customers. I , after a long search, finally found a Kodak dealer that would actually place a minumum order, 20 100 foot rolls, for me. Unfortunately, I have misplaced and I can not find the name of the supplier. The price, for a case of 20 100 foot rolls, was $283.00 delivered to my home which entailed about a 10 day wait. The film, in 35mm double perforated, is not ordinarily carried by dealers. The Kodak stock number is 505-9084. After a fair amount of trail and error, I settled on developing in Pyrocar HD at 1:1:250. What I am trying to sayis: 4ml of part A, 4 ml part B and 1 liter of tap water. At a temperature of 70ºF after a 5 minuter water pre-soak, I develop for 7 1/2 minutes. I develop on a pull rod, in the dark, in 4 open tanks...presoak, developer, water stop and fixer. I initially give 5 one inch lifts to the developing reel at the start of developing and then follow that by 2 one inch lifts at minute intervals. I almost always latensify my film by low light & peroxide treatment prior to developing. I woulds advise a beginning trial film speed of 6-8 for first trial for usage without latensification. It may also be developed in Adotech at approx. the time used for CMS 20. With latensification I am able to use a film speed of 16-25.

Imagelink HQ is able to produce outstanding results. BUT YOU BETTER WORK AT IT. Do not waste this film running around with a handheld camera would be my advisement. Get the mother of all tripods, use a chain or rope that is attached to the tripod which you step on to add stabilty. Use mirror lock up and cable release or self timer to trip the shutter whilst using a good lens at the most suitable F stop.

I have had some usage of CMS 20. I do not really care for the color sensitivity of the film, ortho-panchromatic, for general usage. I do not like to pay $6 for a 35mm 36x roll followed up by $1.50...per roll... for developing agent. Of course I am retired, living on a fixed income and I a by nature a cheep bird.

6. Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson Subscriber

From www.Freestylephoto.biz ,35mm Adox CMS 20 and Adotech developer,35mm and 120 Rollei ATP-1 and Rollei RLC or ATP-DC developer,that should give good pictorial contrast.

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just had a look at the site of a german dealer. Though they hint to obay amounts per package (original Agfa packages) their e-commerce program seems to accept orders for single rolls...