For Sale SOLD! My Kodak 2D Backup Camera with Packard Shutter Inside. Creativity Realised!

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipandre
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for jimgalli (2)

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
2D810_01.JPG

Some of you know me, I've been around here for a really long time. And if you've been curious enough to look at my web pages, you might discover that most of it is soft focus 8X10 and done with a plain jane Kodak 2D 8X10. We're talking thousands of images, not 10's or 100's.

2D810_04.JPG

Hundreds of lenses, but mostly just one camera. The venerable Kodak 2D with my signature Packard shutter living inside. This camera I'm offering here is my back up. Identical in every way to my old worn out pair of shoes keeper. This is the 4rth or 5th one like this I've put together. People want one just like I'm using, so I'll sell them my back up and over time, another one seems to appear. They clone each other I guess.

2D810_02.JPG

Anyways, this camera is not fancy, not pretty, no one will be impressed by it, but it's what it can do that over time, with the right violin player, can get to be impressive. The idea is simple. Basic basic, but with a strong enough front standard to hold up the most gigantic of crazy barrel lenses. Kodak 16" f4 Portrait. Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality #4. Voigtlaender Petzval's, Hermagis Eidoscop, and on and on it goes.

2D810_03.JPG

It's the lenses that make the pictures, not the camera for goodness sake. And the Packard is always there, waiting for the next event, ready for any old street car headlight or coke bottle bottom I put in front of it. Anyways, the '57 T-Bird needs paint so I've gotta sell stuff. $OLD + SHIPPING More pics below.

Last edited:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom