SOLD - FS: tripod (Rollei-Berlebach PT-128)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by Doc W, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Doc W

Doc W Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This is a PT-128 Rollei tripod which was manufactured by Berlebach about 20 years ago (I checked with the Berlebach company). It is in overall excellent condition. Unlike most Berlebachs, the wood is finished in a gray color, but this is the factory finish. It has not been repainted. The wood has some surface marks but there are no splits or cracks.

All leg locks are working fine. The legs have one built-in leg angle stop and if that is released they can be set at any angle and locked. The legs have metal spikes with retractable rubber tips.

At the highest position, it is 50"/127cm from the ground to the top of the mounting plate.
    The centre pole can raise this another 16"/40cm.
    Minimum working height is about 20"/51cm

The mounting plate is on a ball head which allows adjustment of about 30 degrees. It also has a built-in spirit level so you will most likely not need to have an additional head to level your camera.

It is a very light and very portable tripod (about 6 lbs/2.7 kilos). It is also quite sturdy and will hold up to 22 lbs/10 kg.

Overall, the tripod is in very nice shape and has not been used a lot. If you have been looking for a light tripod for larger formats, this may be the one for you.

I am asking 125 USD, shipping not included.

DSCN0749.JPG DSCN0745.JPG DSCN0747.JPG DSCN0748.JPG DSCN0746.JPG

2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have two different models of Berlebach tripods and can speak to their sturdiness and stability. Great tripods and they don't vibrate like metal tripods.

3. Kodachromeguy

Kodachromeguy Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a beautiful tripod. I wonder why Rollei sold these under their name? As I recall, about 20 years ago, Rollei was still sort-of viable and was selling a few of their TLR models as well as the 6008 and possibly the X-Act. The 6008s were heavy beasts; was this tripod for them?

4. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    PM’d

5. OP
    OP
    Doc W

Doc W Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The item has been sold. Thanks for all the interest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.