SOLD 8X10 Kodak 2D Camera. Perfect entry level 8X10! Cheap! CHEAP!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Dec 3, 2018.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

Buyers Beware. The pictures sort of make it look prettier than it is. Someone put a LOT of elbow grease into sanding down the dark 2D finish I suppose to re-finish in a prettier shade? If someone oiled this up it would actually repay you by becoming quite handsome.

[​IMG]

The bellows is worn, but very usable. No extension or tripod slider. That means the longest lens for this is going to be 15 or 16 inch at infinity. 12 was the old standard. I'd put a 240 on it and have some fun. BTW I have a 240 Dagor in shutter that would be killer on this, also entry level and not expensive (relatively speaking).

[​IMG]

If this is really a first go at 8X10 I can help you completely accessorize it so it's ready to make gorgeous contact prints. Film holder, lens board, lens and you're in business.

[​IMG]

$275.00 + shipping. Boxes this size and weight aren't cheap any more. I'd guess $36 to send this across a half dozen states.

2. OP
    OP
    jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    P.S. Just looked at Intrepid prices out of curiosity. 4X5 is going to be a bit over $400 shipped to USA. Hello?? 8X10 $800+ shipped. Need I say more?

P.S.S. Cline wine. The Cline's are the family that restored the Mizpah Hotel for us, and it turns out, their Ancient Vines Zin is absolutely scrumptiliumptous. Not included in the sale. Alas, it's all gone. But I have more, if you come for a visit.

3. Gaston 012

Gaston 012 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I think you made a mistake, my Intrepid 8x10 was 35 B Pounds to Texas a year ago.
    Please, check again.
    Gaston

4. jimjm

jimjm Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Based on current conversion rates, the Intrepid 8x10 would run about $600 USD, plus shipping.

That being said, this Eastman looks to be in very good condition and is an excellent price to get into 8x10. I have the identical camera in 5x7 and it's a blast to use with film and dry plates. Polishing the brass and a bit of lacquer on the wood, and these cameras are really nice. If it was good enough for Stieglitz ...

Dammit Jim - I'd be all over this one if I wasn't invested in 5x7 format right now.

5. Gaston 012

Gaston 012 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I got confused, I thought he was referring to the shipping!
    Mine was cheaper because of weakness of the pound when I ordered.
    There is also a little difference on the weight! But the Kodak certainly has a hell of a lot more personality
    Gaston

6. ajsikel

ajsikel Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Jim, is this still for sale?

7. OP
    OP
    jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I have a sale pending on all 3 items, the 5X12, this, and the Dagor. Thanks for asking.

8. ajsikel

ajsikel Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    T!hanks for kind answer.
    Any other 810 kodaks for sale in your possession, or other cameras 810.
    Regards, Peter

9. OP
    OP
    jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    SOLD!

Thanks All!

:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.