For Sale SOLD 8X10! Entry Level Kodak 2D W/Ilex Lens Complete & Ready to Shoot!

Monticello Avenue-3

A
Monticello Avenue-3

surprise!

A
surprise!

• Tel
  • Feb 7, 2023
Anatomy

A
Anatomy

Morning

D
Morning

BD2023-1.jpg

D
BD2023-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stngoldberg
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for jimgalli (3)

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
SOLD
12IlexD2_00.jpg

This is an old dawg of a camera. Ugly as sin, but it can make pictures.

12IlexD2_01.jpg

It's mostly complete. Has tripod block. Has a re-purposed front bed from another old clunker used as the extension bed. Actually works pretty good but the original hooks that helped stabilize it are not there.

12IlexD2_02.jpg

The Ilex lens is a 12" f4.5 in decent shape. STIFF aperture but working OK. You get used to holding it with 2 fingers from each hand and it opens and closes OK. Glass is fairly decent. Makes beautiful images whick I will show a few below in a second post.

12IlexD2_03.jpg

Buyers Beware! This is an ugly old terd of a camera. But if you just want to make pictures and not worry about impressing the folks at the workshops, this might be your ticket. $425.00 + shipping

Last edited:
OP
OP
jimgalli

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
12IlexD2_14.jpg

Some images made with the Ilex 12" f4.5 lens.

12IlexD2_13.jpg

Note also; there is no flange for the Ilex. It's held into the lens board with some hot glue.

12IlexD2_12.jpg

Last image is a zoom into the one just before. A VERY capable lens.

12IlexD2_11.jpg

SchwinnParamount

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
Hi Jim! I bought a couple of 8x10 lenses from you in the past... fun stuff. Question: the bellows. What condition? I assume no pinholes, but are the folds in good shape? $475? ... Mebby.

OP
OP
jimgalli

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Hi Jim! I bought a couple of 8x10 lenses from you in the past... fun stuff. Question: the bellows. What condition? I assume no pinholes, but are the folds in good shape? $475? ... Mebby.

Bellows are perhaps the strongest point. They look very nice but you can see wear beginning in the corners of the folds. Might have to dab black goo on the corners some day. The rack is worn and jumps around. Tightens up some when off the main base. It's no cream puff, as I've tried to indicate. I'll certainly listen to any and all offers. I'm not locked into my price at all. Already made up my mind I'm going to lose money on it so we'll just move on to the next thing then.

OP
OP
jimgalli

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
I'm sure I'd have to sell a Kidney to get this thing shipped to Australia......
I'd discourage shipping this to Australia. I have another one listed here that is premo and has the Packard shutter installed already inside. That one would be worth the money to ship to Australia. If you're going to pay for that kind of shipping, get the better camera.

Oxleyroad

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I'm sure I'd have to sell a Kidney to get this thing shipped to Australia......
Or you could come vist us over here and hand carry (sorry lug) your new toy back to Oz... :wink:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom