Shoutout to framedestination.com

Discussion in 'Presentation & Marketing' started by Steve Goldstein, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Steve Goldstein

Steve Goldstein Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, moderators please feel free to move it as appropriate.

With some trepidation I recently placed an order for a particular mat board that I'm now unable to directly source locally. I'd never dealt with framedestination before so I was a bit concerned about whether the full-size (32" x 40") sheets would arrive with bent corners or other damage. My shipment came yesterday, very well packed and in absolutely perfect condition. And the shipping charge was very reasonable, too!

I'll certainly be buying from framedestination.com again.

2. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience Steve.

3. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Frame Destination was started by a photographer (Mark Rogers) because he could not source what he wanted easily. He and his wife (a painter) know what is needed by photographers and artists and know how to handle the materials. Disclaimer: I am an acquaintance of Mark, and a customer, and I've toured his business more than once. It's a class act. Highly recommended.

4. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been a customer of theirs for many years. Every shipment has been packed so well I keep the boxes and packing materials for future use. Their prices are also great (even when compared to cheaper quality stuff at Hobby Lobby).

5. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like Frame Destination and American Frame equally well. They carry the same products and both package carefully. When I'm ready to order frames, I price my order both places. One or the other is usually running a sale or offering free shipping, which is the deciding factor. We are lucky to have such choices.

6. fdi

fdi Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow, thanks for the great recommendations for my company!

Faberryman, I recently had a discussion with my marketing person about this. She said we need to have more sales for this very reason. I had trouble believing her, but you are proof.

I have tested my competition and American Frame is the only other company I can recommend. If we don't have what you need, or you can get a better deal with them it is a safe purchase. There are some companies that have lower prices than us, and some that have higher prices, however, in both cases you are most likely to have a lower quality product or shipping damage.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  7. moose10101

moose10101 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I re-use their boxes and packing materials to ship my framed prints to exhibitions.

8. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Me too if it won't mean using my last one. I have that issue right now - maybe I'll order some more frames just to have a good box.

9. gijsbert

gijsbert Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    @fdi do you ship to Canada?