Threads
Members
Latest member
Sixbysix
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Analog
Hi
shot some 9x12 Fomapan 100 at 25 asa, must be this rotten cold making me befuddled...sniff. I normally process it at 8' at 1:25 in R09, how should I develop the 25 asa shot film? 6'?
thanks in advance.

polyglot

Shooter
Medium Format
Two stops overexposed isn't much. You could develop it normally, get slightly thick negs and they'll likely print perfectly well, if slowly. You'll get heaps of shadow detail! If the scenes were very contrasty, you could pull development by a stop but I wouldn't do that for a low-contrast scene.

polyglot

Shooter
Medium Format
MDC says rodinal 1+50 7:00 for EI100 so 1+25 for 8:00 seems like a lot of development unless you're barely agitating! It also suggests going to 1+100 7:00 for EI50, so if you're happy with the contrast you normally get, you could try just halving the dilution. That (if it's very dilute) may also give you more compensation and keep the highlights in check a bit.

Edit: I just noticed it recommends more for sheet. I still think just halving dilution (1+50 instead of 1+25) would be a pretty good start.

Ian Grant

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
It's only 1 stop over-exposure, so just cut the dev time by about 15%. I wouldn't dilute further as that's going to give flatter negatives than usual. Rodinla is one of the few developers where contrast is best controlled using dilution rather than jus dev time.

Ian

Ian Grant

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Ian,

I think you just shot holes in my understanding of 'stops.' If the correct, or box speed is 100 wouldn't 50 (half) be one stop and then 25 (half again) be two stops?,:confused:

I shoot quite a lot of Fomapan 100 & 200, (it's all I can buy locally that's fresh and in date) the box speeds are the most overly optimistic of any manufacturer I've ever come across.

So I shoot the Fomapan 100 @ 50 EI as do many others, and I shoot the 200 @ 100 although some shoot it at 80 EI :D

At those reduced EI they are excellent films.

Ian

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom