Threads
Members
Latest member
ocieb
Recent bookmarks

jford

Shooter
8x10 Format
Does anyone know of anyone who sells sheet film in full plate size ie. 6.5" x 8.5"? I bought an old Kodak view camera a couple of weeks ago that is labelled 'Kodak View Camera Model B Kodak Ltd London WC2. Size 8.5 x 6.5'. The camera came with five plate holder and three sheet film holders, some of which had film in them already which may have been cut down. Not sure what type of film it is.

I've hunted the web for information about this camera and come up with nothing so if anyone knows about the camera please tell me more.

Thanks,
John Ford.

Shooter
Medium Format
Maco sell film in many different sheet sizes. The biggest stockist in the UK is Mr. Cad of Croydon
www.mrcad.co.uk
PS: Film does not seem to feature on website - e-mail them about it.

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
It seems to me J&C Photo had announced they were going to offer "plate" sizes (half and full plate -- what you have is full plate) in one or more of their rebranded or custom made films with their next cutting. However, I can't find the "coming soon" page I read this on, so I don't know the status of this product...

Shooter
Medium Format
Somebody selling a camera like yours on e-bay refers a buyer to
www.mahn.net
for film.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
AlanC said:
Retrophotographic, one of this site's sponsers, sells film in plate sizes.

Alan Clark

Never heard of them, and there is no listing for them as a sponsor.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
you might also try contacting photowarehouse.biz.
they will cut down + notch film ( alleged rebranded ilford fpf) to any size. they call the film ultrafine 125. http://photowarehouse.biz/phfilm4.html

Aggie said:

aggie -

i think they are one of the companies affiliated with j&c ...

Last edited by a moderator:

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Easily cut down from your favorite 10X8. They look grand with a black border contacted onto nice 8X10 paper. I cut mine from 10" Cirkut roll film. I cut several 6.5's from the roll, then trim to 8.5 and load. So I waste just 1.5X6.5 strips.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
jnanian said:
you might also try contacting photowarehouse.biz.
they will cut down + notch film ( alleged rebranded ilford fpf) to any size. they call the film ultrafine 125. http://photowarehouse.biz/phfilm4.html

aggie -

i think they are one of the companies affiliated with j&c ...

I did a search. They are an English company like J&C that get their supplies from the same company. They are not the same company though.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
Aggie said:
I did a search. They are an English company like J&C that get their supplies from the same company. They are not the same company though.

on their website they say fotoimpex - i was under the impression that they, like j&c were the same company ... from what i understood, j&c is the US branch of fotoimpex ...

roy

Shooter
Medium Format
Aggie said:

They carry our logo on their website but I have my doubts about their sponsorship status.

Aggie

Shooter
Multi Format
jnanian said:
on their website they say fotoimpex - i was under the impression that they, like j&c were the same company ... from what i understood, j&c is the US branch of fotoimpex ...

foto impex is like corporate GM the auto maker. They supply smaller companies that have exclusive rights to smaller geographic areas in th world. J&C is a seperate company from retrophoto. While J&C carries photo impex products like retrophoto does, neither carries those itmes only. J&C also carries some chinese films. and th4e England company carries cameras from hong kong.

OP
OP

jford

Shooter
8x10 Format
Nick Zentena said:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=e....16935@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net#link6

I found that on the 8x10 version. Wonder if you could just mount an 8x10 back onto your camera? Sounds like a nice camera.

Nick,

Not sure if this talking about my camera, which is all wood. Mine has the extension but no shift at the front.

Thanks to others for tips. I might get some of the Maco film and give it a try. See how long it takes to get to Australia!

Thanks,

John Ford.

roy

Shooter
Medium Format
jford said:
Nick,
Not sure if this talking about my camera, which is all wood. Mine has the extension but no shift at the front.
John Ford.

I have the 1/2 plate version and the rear extension which makes 1:1 possible, which is a half to a quarter inch less that 7x5".
I got my film from Photo Warehouse, specially cut to size. A good service although I think that they cut film weekly ( I stand corrected on that). Very similar (??) to FP4 but their own label. For some reason and it would be nice to think we have some input here, these old film sizes are more available now. It is even possible to pick up the holders which makes the purchase of such outdated equipment feasible.

Nick Zentena

Shooter
Multi Format
If your camera is wood then it must be different. Does the camera only say Kodak? Or does it mention something like Kodak Graflax? Might make it easier to date and find more info.

OP
OP

jford

Shooter
8x10 Format
Nick Zentena said:
If your camera is wood then it must be different. Does the camera only say Kodak? Or does it mention something like Kodak Graflax? Might make it easier to date and find more info.

No, only says Kodak. It does list the address as London rather than Rochester so it may have been specific to the UK market. I believe it dates from the 1940's some time but I may be wrong about that. Were full plate size cameras made up to the 1940's?

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom