Saul Leiter - Early Colour Alternatives ?

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Ste_S, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Ste_S

Ste_S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    With Early Colour out of print and going for steep prices, any recommendations for alternatives for his, ahem, early colour work ?
    There's the small Photofile book which incorporates some of those photos, but is more a career retrospective. At least it's cheap I guess ?

2. Hilo

Hilo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. jawarden

jawarden Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have a suggestion for you for the color book, except to not give up because it's a must have. Don't miss out on the next Leiter opportunity - Steidl is working on a new book now, although I think it may lack color. It's in their "coming soon" section which I hope means that it's coming soon. :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    Ste_S

Ste_S Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks both. I guess I'll pick up the Photofile book in the mean time and hope for a re-issue of early colour.

5. tezzasmall

tezzasmall Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    There's also a DVD about him, that I have bought, and can recommend a look at.

Terry S

6. Mike Crawford

Mike Crawford Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  7. ~andi

~andi Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I like the Japanese "All about Saul Leiter" and got it for 15 bucks. Also has some reproductions of his paintings in there. The print quality is better than the Steidl book IMHO. Or just be patient, I'm sure Steidl will reprint.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.