Members
Latest member
ocieb
Recent bookmarks

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Have you tried it without the cable?

That cable makes no sense in your case, if it does at all.

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
I got mine in the 1980s and it was kind of cheap made even back then. I could not afford the $400 Rollei Infrared accessory. As I recall, I had to squeeze the bulb very hard to get it to work.
Crazy that now I have an Infrared release for my Nikon N75 that only cost a few dollars.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
I got several bulb relases of different design, including your one. I assume you are operating it the wrong way.

If one holds the bulb between thumb and index finger, even added by the middle finger, the bulb is too elastic to built the maximum force. If on holds the bulb between the palm and the four fingers and thus squeezes the bulb about most of its circumference, much more pressure can be applied.

pbromaghin

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have one that came from a grab-bag of camera stuff a few years ago. No brand name that I can see. It works great, even on Mamiya C lenses.

ic-racer

Shooter
Multi Format
I got mine out and tried it on a Rolleiflex SL35 sitting in front of me. The bulb still fires the camera, but it still requires a good hard squeeze.
Do you have the plunger adjusted correctly for your camera?

OP
OP

jspec1594

Shooter
Medium Format
I got several bulb relases of different design, including your one. I assume you are operating it the wrong way.

If one holds the bulb between thumb and index finger, even added by the middle finger, the bulb is too elastic to built the maximum force. If on holds the bulb between the palm and the four fingers and thus squeezes the bulb about most of its circumference, much more pressure can be applied.

I’m pretty sure that’s how I was squeezing it. I’m thinking that mine might be a dud because after squeezing the bulb it did not inflate and return to normal size again.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
Actually I prefer bulb releases because they are smoother in operation than cable ones.

So there is something wrong with your sample. The cylinder cap seems only be clicked-on, but I do not see a way of getting it off without risking harm. In this cap there is a tiny hole ventilating the spring space. You might de-clog it with a needle or even drill it. However at my samples the piston moves the same even with hole covered.
Maybe the piston itself got stuck in its cylinder. But as said you hardly can undo the cap.

cayenne

Shooter
Hybrid
If you're not stuck on pneumatic remote actuation....I might recommend you look at a mechanical one from Reveni Labs that makes the great, small light meters.
So far it works on everything, except, for some reason...my Noblex 120 film swing lens camera.

But so far, all others work great:

Look here: Remote Control Mechanical Shutter Release - Version 2

HTH,

cayenne

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom