Rolleiflex cleanings and repairs.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by campy51, Dec 6, 2018.

1. campy51

campy51 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone have work done recently other than Harry in California, he has a 5 month backlog. I see Zach's is a sponsor and there is also Midstate both in Rhode Island and within driving distance for me.

2. Kino

Kino Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bill Moretz at Pro Camera in Charlottesville, Va. has a good reputation.

3. jeffbennett

jeffbennett Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I will second Bill Moretz. In the past year he has done a Rolleicord Vb and a Rolleiflex T for me. Both came back perfect. And he is both fast and reasonable in price.

Jeff

4. k.hendrik

k.hendrik Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. M. Axel Wikstrom

M. Axel Wikstrom Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    KEH did a great job on my Rolleiflex with a broken wind mechanism and slow shutter speeds. They also did a CLA. All for $285+shipping. Was done in a little over a month.

6. OP
    OP
    campy51

campy51 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know how the flash sync is removed on the 2.8E? There is a collar around it but it doesn't have slots for a spanner.

7. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The face ring unscrews either by pressure of a non slip or a spanner. Sometimes a slot screwdriver pushed at the edge 90° to the ring will turn it. Once the ring is removed the lever is raise at the rear to clear the socket then pulled outward. A formed spring internal of the lever engages slots inside the socket and it can be hard to pull out and difficult to put back on.

8. OP
    OP
    campy51

campy51 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have that part off but there is a collar that is preventing me from lifting the plate off. The collar had a cut out which I thought might be holding it but I can't get it to move counter clockwise by tapping a screw driver.
    IMG_1041.JPG

9. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The sync wire from the shutter is soldered to the rear of that socket. The socket does not come off the plate. The cutout is the lever travel limiting. The plate should lift up enough to desolder the wire.
    The self timer, M-X-V lever, aperture lever, double exposure prevention lever, and shutter speed lever must be positioned correctly for the face to lift up.
    Double exposure to double, M-X-V to X, aperture to f2.8, shutter to B, trip/set lever knurled end removed. ( based on other models of similar build).

10. jvo

jvo Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    is it out of line for me to suggest calling zak's - see what they have to say and determine for yourself if they might be worth supporting as an advertiser here?

11. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Removing the leather and 4 or 6 screws from the face plate it should lift off but may take a little playing with to get it to clear all the levers. Not all parts need to come off the face to service it or the shutter.
    2 8E faceplate.jpeg 2 8 E a.jpeg 2 8 E3.jpeg 2 8 E3a.jpeg
    1 & 2 2.8E, 3 & 4 2.8E3.

Xacto chisel blade in their large handle works well for removing the leather covering.
    Use tapered side down working it under the edge of the leather to start.
    https://www.amazon.com/Excel-Blades...&qid=1544337441&sr=8-14&keywords=xacto+blades

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  12. OP
    OP
    campy51

campy51 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have already removed both 07485 and 04474 that is attached to 07079 in 2nd picture. According to this it should lift off but 07079 is preventing it from coming off. Maybe I need to apply more force.

13. OP
    OP
    campy51

campy51 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Strangest thing it just popped right off just like it's supposed to.

14. foen

foen Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Anyone knows where to find blueprints to print and frame? ;0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.