Members
Latest member
retina_restoration
Recent bookmarks

Steve Roberts

Shooter
35mm
Hi All,
I've had a bottle of Rodinal lying around for a few months and have just been inspired by all the postings here to give it a try. I combined the test with trying out some of the "White Plains" FP4 movie film, bought via eBay and for half the cost of buying FP4 here in England, even including cost of postage!
The FP4 was exposed at 125ASA and development stuck strictly to the instructions, 1 + 25, 8 mins @ 20 degs C. The result was what I could best describe as a text-book set of negs and I shall certainly be experimenting further. Can't believe that such a small amount of developer (15cc) can work so well!
I know that the White Plains FP4 has been discussed here before (in particular the poor communications) and some talk around the difference between FP4 "movie" film and "still", notably the perforation shape. The main difference I noticed is that the movie film takes longer to clear in the fixing stage. I normally leave a piece of unexposed film in the fixer pot to check clearing time while the film is fixing, and thought my fixer must be going home. However, dunking both types of film in the fixer simultaneously proved that my fixer is OK but the "movie" film took about twice as long to clear.
Best wishes,
Steve

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to the wonderful world of Rodinal. I am sure you will be contacted soon by our High Priest, Morten! :D

Soeren

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome to the fold
It seems our High Priest is out for today.
So here is the creed

Come the light of dawn and dusk
witness my salvation
as I renounce the evil digital
no matter the temptation
and keep my faith in film and rodinal
to bring forth my creations

:D

Regards Søren

rbarker

Shooter
Multi Format
Steve Roberts said:
. . . Can't believe that such a small amount of developer (15cc) can work so well! . . .

You'll be tempted to be even more impressed, Steve, once you try the more exotic dilutions like 1:50,. 1:75 or even 1:100.

If you see a bright light when you come out of the darkroom, please be cautious. Squint a little when you look into the light. If you can see the big "R" in the light, do not, I repeat, do NOT walk into the light. :wink:

BWGirl

Shooter
Multi Format
ER...well ... unless it's a safelight! haha :rolleyes:

Very nice poem, Soren!!!! :D

TPPhotog

Shooter
Multi Format
Welcome Steve from accross the Moors and down at bit :wink: All Rodinal users especially from the South West are always a pleasure to see. I'm sure the High Priest will provide you with the sacred T-shirt and souping chant when he's next here :D

modafoto

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
BWGirl said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Rodinal. I am sure you will be contacted soon by our High Priest, Morten! :D

The High Priest is here!

I am truly happy to see another believer among us!
btw: About the 15 cc of dev being so powerful. I developed two 135 rolls of Delta 100 in 600 cc of water and 12(!) cc of Hot Rod (1+50). Truly wonderful!

Greetings from the Doctor

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom