Rim-set Compurs and Gauthier shutter

Discussion in 'Plate Cameras and Accessories' started by Ian Grant, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    From the Peeling and Van Neck 1931 BJP Almanac adverts. They were the UK distributors of Deckel and Gauthier shutters. This thread is related to the Dial-set Compurs here.

[​IMG]

These were the modern standard sizes used by Copal, Epsilon, AGI, Prontor etc.

[​IMG]

The Ibsor was a self cocking shutter superceeded by the self cockin Press Prontor. The Gauthier Size numbersare not equivalent to the Deckel Rim set Compurs.

Recently I boughtan Ibsor on Ebay, it looked quite small and no dimensions were give, I was surprised to find it's fully Compur/Copal #1 compatible and had never been used, the f-stop piece is blank (un-engraved). There's obviously others not listed in the advert, I have a Size 3 with a Rodenstock Eurynar where the barrel diameters front and rear are identica (as above) while the new one is the same front diameter and smaller rear diameter like the Compr/Copal #1. Another is between Compr #0 and #1.

Ian

2. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Excellent info. Thanks Ian!!