"Reasonable" Bronica ETR repair

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by C A Sugg, Feb 11, 2009.

1. C A Sugg

C A Sugg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can anyone recommend a good, cheap place to have an ETR worked on? I have one with a non-metered prism finder mounted half on / half off. And it won't come off. I think that screen may have come loose and is hanging things up.
    Other than that, it's working fine, though I haven't done anything with it that that requires critical focus.
    Thanks,
    Charles (in the eastern US)

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    www.kohscamera.com specializes in Bronica repair.

Frank Marshman (CameraWiz, 1-800-471-8133) has worked on my S2a system and is known for servicing the classic Bronicas. I'm not sure if he works on the modern ones, but I suspect he does, and his prices are very reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My brain isn't working but have you pushed the release button for the finder? There is a button isn't there? :confused: Won't move at all?

The obvious issue is it worth having it fixed? I bet just the cost of shipping is more then the body these days.

4. OP
    OP
    C A Sugg

C A Sugg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Actually I have. It wasn't depressing at first, but it does now. I supsect I might have damaged that as well.
    As far as cost is concerned. That is a definite consideration. But, I know this one is otherwise in good shape. On the other hand I do have a good ETRS with AE-II finder, so this is redundant.
    I likely will not get a used replacement, considering the time and film expense of a shake-down.

5. paul ron

paul ron Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Take it to a local guy, any camera shop n I am sure they will take it off for you. It's not someting that will need repairs, it will just need som coaxing is all. If you lived in NYC I'd do it for you over lunch.