Re-using film fixer question (T-Max fixer)

Kodachrome Skies

A
Kodachrome Skies

The Dive

A
The Dive

Edinburgh nights

Edinburgh nights

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swededreams
Recent bookmarks

sperera

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
......so, after getting advice from you all here about how to reuse Xtol I'd like to know what to do about the TMax fixer I have......

I dilute the TMax fixer at 1:4 as per Kodak's instructions and was wondering on what to do to reuse it properly....

I mixed up a batch the other day to use with the XTol and put it back into the bottle instead of trashing it as I normally used to do......

....as I said with the Xtol thread its not that I'm being cheap its that I need to get the stuff from Madrid sent down to me in Gibraltar and I wanna make it all last as much as possible.....

darkosaric

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I have used Tmax fixer. 10 negatives without any problems. 5 minutes, agitation every 30 sec. No problem at all. After I switched to ilford and foma fixers because it was cheaper. Same thing, no problems :smile:.

Robert Hall

Shooter
8x10 Format
......so, after getting advice from you all here about how to reuse Xtol I'd like to know what to do about the TMax fixer I have......

I dilute the TMax fixer at 1:4 as per Kodak's instructions and was wondering on what to do to reuse it properly....

Once mixed, in an airtight bottle it should be good for a couple of months. You can use it to it's suggested exhaustion with little worry (26 rolls per liter). It actually does quite a lot. Check out Kodaks site for capacity and replenishment suggestions on the data sheet.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j5/j5.pdf

One thing you might not want to do is to use film fix on paper at a later time. Film imparts iodine, IIRC, and you don't really want that in your prints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neal

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Dear sperera,

Kodak suggests 25 rolls of film per liter of working solution. They claim 1 month once mixed but I have used it many times longer than that without problem.

Neal Wydra

Denis R

Shooter
35mm
fix longer

at school person before me fixed for 7 and had pruple, she had to re-fix
I fixed for 10 and had clear leader
my film was also loaded in dark, partly a lost leader experiment

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom