RB67, Polaroid 80/100???

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by stradibarrius, Feb 21, 2009.

1. stradibarrius

stradibarrius Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Someone asked the question what is the difference between the Polaroid 80 and 100 film for the RB?

2. Q.G.

Q.G. Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Different size.
    Do they both fit in the same back?

3. OP
    OP
    stradibarrius

stradibarrius Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    different size what? Is it like the difference between 120 and 220? The difference is in the number of shots?

4. Polaroid 80 series film was a square format peel-apart film. Chemically just like the 100 series, but it was used in a different back. Mostly it was used in cameras like the Square Shooter and such. Good luck finding any 80 series now! I have one box which is VERY old...

5. PS - Here's a great reference for Polaroid materials and cameras: Dead Link Removed

Reading this site, it does appear that 80 series packfilm can be used in a back for 100 series packfilm, but this is not recommended due to the possibility of fogging the film. I've never tried it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  6. Q.G.

Q.G. Inactive

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Different size Polaroid.
    The prints they produce (and with it everything that goes into the back to make that possible) are different in size.

I know there are backs that can accommodate both sizes, but they are few, and i don't know what the Mamiya backs requires. It probably takes 100-series only.

The films themselves were different too, the 80-series catering for amateur use, the 100-series intended for professional use.

Now that Polaroid has stopped making instant film, we'll have to look at Fuji to still find some to feed our Polaroid backs.
    I don't think they offer something equal in size to the Polaroid 80-series.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
  7. OP
    OP
    stradibarrius

stradibarrius Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks!

8. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The fuji FP-100 series instant film works very well in polaroid backs for RB67s. You get ten exposures of 70x70mm images.

9. Jeff Searust

Jeff Searust Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Wait a minute there-- Is this in the polaroid back that has M-80 written on it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.