Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyJoanP2975
Recent bookmarks

Sjixxxy

Shooter
8x10 Format
I have an RB67-Professional Body. I'm curious about the interchangeability some of the parts between it and the later models.

Can I put a Pro-S back on it? None of the mechanics for the double exposure protection will lock it up or anything if it isn't on a Pro-S body?

Are the viewfinder interchangeable? I'd like to update the waist level finder to the auto collapsing version. The manual for the Pro-S shows a "Focusing Hood Latch" which doesn't appear to be present on the RB67.

Shooter
Medium Format
The viewfinders should be interchangable throughout all mamiya's 6x7 SLRs. Not sure about the back, though.

removed-user-1

I use a Pro-S back on my RB67 Pro body, with no problems. As I understand it, the only non-interchangeable parts for the backs are the inserts: they only fit the back of the same series (Pro-S insert to Pro-S back, etc).

xtolsniffer

Shooter
Multi Format
I use Pro-S and Pro-SD backs on my RB67 Pro, and it's fine, the double exposure prevention won't work obviously as that's a camera-based thing. Also vice-versa, the Pro back works on my Pro-S. I love engineering where they make things backwards compatible (and forwards compatible in this case too! clever eh?)

OP
OP
Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy

Shooter
8x10 Format
Awesome. I also just checked the PRO-s Manual and found this question being asked and Answered in the FAQ section about the roll holder.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom