RB67 Multi Angle Grip Spacer?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by EdColorado, Mar 3, 2009.

1. EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been thinking about getting a multi angle grip for use with my RB67 and have seen that they come with a "spacer". Can anyone tell me what the spacer is for? I see grips for sale that no longer have the spacer but I'm not sure if I really need it or not.

Thanks a lot,

Ed

2. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The spacer (I think!) is a square plate that fits over the two prongs on the grip that fit into the two holes on the bottom of your RB next to the tripod socket. I think the holes in the base of the mamiya TLRs are wider, so the grip (which also fits the TLRs) will go into a snug fit into the base. On the RB, the holes are narrower, so the plate fits over the two prongs and leaves two smaller spring-loaded prongs which fit into the base of the RB - sorry this is a bit difficult to explain. The upshot is that if you have a multi-angle grip, the spacer should give a better fit to the RB. However, I have a multi-angle grip and no spacer, and it's fine on my RB. If you really feel you need one, all you need is a thin piece of aluminium plate and drill two holes and there you are, however I've never felt the need for this.

3. OP
    OP
    EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Xtolsniffer, my grip is on the way! :smile:

4. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you get a grip with a spacer, let me know exactly what it does, all I know is that my RB works without it, so I'd be intrigued to find out the benefit!

5. OP
    OP
    EdColorado

EdColorado Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately the one I ordered is missing the spacer. I had a choice of no spacer or no flash shoe and decided I wanted the flash shoe more...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.