Members
Latest member
Evergreen States
Recent bookmarks

EASmithV

Shooter
Large Format
Hello,

My goal is to get a radio slave transceiver / receiver kit, so that I can wirelessly trigger a strobe from a Speed Graphic or SLR.

I've been looking at the Pocketwizards, and now I'm truly confused.

Is there a kit that will give me both a Hotshoe mounted transceiver which I can use cables to sync to a bi-post/pc, as well as give me a receiver that can fire any flash such as a studio strobe, hotshoe mounted flash, etc?

I keep looking at the Pocketwizards on the internet, but they all look like hotshoe mounted transceivers. I used a friend's pocketwizard once, and I remember two distinctly different units.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format

Photo Engineer

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Use a controller from an RC car or plane. They sell the entire system at most hobby shops. Maybe that might work.

PE

olleorama

Shooter
Multi Format
I've used an ebay radio kit like the one Matt links to. Phottix something something. It was so prone to failure that I eventually sold it. Went back to ordinary cords. The transmitter it hot shoe mountable but also has a socket for the included PC cord.

Carter john

Shooter
Medium Format
Also, look at the Paul Buff (or Duff) R/t/rs, I have them. They are about $130.00 (both) and great.

Lopaka

Shooter
Multi Format
Pocketwizards can be triggerred by the hot shoe or cable - it takes two units, one on the camera to transmit and one on the flash to receive and trigger the flash. Pocketwizards are not exactly cheap, but they are reliable.

Bob

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom