Properly Interpreting Stained/Tanned Negs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FeS2
Recent bookmarks

craigclu

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I couldn't find anything exactly pertinent to my situation. I've got a Macbeth TD-902 (B&W transmission only). I also have a german-built Wallner-Labex System 500 (modular combo system with exposure meter/timer, transmission densitometer and spot color analyzer). The densitometer functions from the easel from the projected image. I actually bought it when searching for a digital darkroom timer to control shorter exposures that my old GraLab was inconsistent on. It had very interesting features and an impulse had me owning it. It agrees with the Macbeth very well so I trust the results from both.

My issue is in how to use my equipment to better understand curves, etc with staining developers? Is there a specific filter to introduce to the Macbeth light path? I can read the cyan, yellow or magenta channels for density by selecting channels on the sensor for the Wallner. I've been doing quite a bit of fiddling recently with different staining concoctions and would like to think that time spent plotting some curve behaviors are going to give me valid information that I can apply to normal day-to-day use when I settle in on a combination that I like. Can you refer me to good sources of related information? Thanks.

Attachments

• WALLNER50.jpg
    WALLNER50.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 107

m. dowdall

Shooter
Large Format
Testing pyro negs

Craig

There's a long thread here that goes into testing pyro negs using different channels:

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

Michael

OP
OP
craigclu

craigclu

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks, Michael.... I somehow didn't find that thread when I went looking.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom