Price of Fujichrome Up and Down

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by dabsond, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dabsond

dabsond Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What is up with the price of Fujichrome films? Before the holidays I luckily scored a five pack of Velvia50 from B&H for $29 and some change. I was going to get another box, then they raised the price back to normal. Just the other day they were selling shot expiration Provia 100F for $6.99 a roll on special. I bought 8 rolls. Today I checked and the same short expiration Provia 100F was back up to $9.99. I understand Fuji raised their prices but, is B&H tying their prices to the BitCoin or what?

2. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe B&H runs sales as an inventory management tool. They sold enough 5-packs of Velvia50 and rolls of Provia at lower prices to get their inventory back in line so now they are back up to regular price.

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Groups:
    Offloading film near expiration date perhaps? And resupply their stock with fresher film that they'll sell at the normal price?

EDIT: Oops, I missed the part where they increased the price of short dated film.

4. Punker

Punker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Velvia 50 in 35mm is $16.79/roll at Freestyle now...

5. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    You say you scored a ProPack of Velvia50 for $29.
    Nothing to complain about. At all.
    The usual price here is $89.00 for a ProPack RVP50 in 35mm, or $65 ProPack RVP50 in 120 format and that is for fresh, forward-date film.
    Stock that is close to expiry or end of batch is often heavily discounted to move it and make way for more.

6. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The price is comming from you debsond.
    The regulation from offers and demand within a market economy is what ?
    It is the price !
    If you decide the nice price from B+H is fine to you - the pricing is just finished within this moment.
    So, if other sellers may offer Fuji E6 at $ 21,- a roll, you will say : " No way " - there should be no further demand from you - right.
    If this sellers do not intend to waste their highly price Fuji E6 they may offer nice prices soon.
    Thats the theory - but if it would be just as simple as described.
    The problem is : You are Not allone debsond....:cry::cry::cry:.
    So the price is NOT FROM YOU ?
    Yes pricing is made from All others.
    People who may say :" Fuj E6 ...$ 22,- a roll? Please give me just 8 rolls from this"

An other theory is : The pricing is from the manufacturers - because the costs of production is increasing more and more.
    Thats nonsence - believe me.

with regards