Postcard Exchange Off-Site Backup

Discussion in 'Postcard Exchange' started by George Nova Scotia, Jun 24, 2016.

1. George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been thinking about this for a while. Not looking for someone take over just a couple people to store a copy of the database and files used. I might get hit by a truck or something nasty, or maybe not. In case I disappear from the ether it might help out the next person. If something did happen you could post a message and help find a new coordinator, then pass the files along. I could store a copy in the shed in case the house burns done but between the mice and raccoons the shed isn't really safe.

If you've been here awhile send me a pm, I'll zip the files and email them to you. If all goes well that will it, save the file and wait for the next round, just check back then a see if I'm still around.

2. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    PM sent

3. OP
    OP
    George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Okay looks like we have a couple volunteers, that should be good. No need to worry about me, just playing safe. I'm more concerned about computer failure than mine. I do keep a copy on a couple external drives and a USB stick but maybe I'm just a little paranoid bandit:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.