please check your 150mm g-clarons for spacer ring

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by chris77, Nov 27, 2017.

1. chris77

chris77 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hello apug.
    i bought a modern (plasmat) g-claron 150 in copal shutter from japan.
    front element has a brass ring. does this mean this lens was adjusted for infinity work?
    do your 150 g-clarons have the spacer as well?
    its in a black modern copal 0, which leads tonmy third question..
    are all copal 0 shutters identical (dimensions)?

nice week to you.
    let me hear about your g-clarons ... i love them, tiny and sharp.

chris

2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Copal and Compur #0 shutters were made with only one tube length, 20.00 mm. That's the specification. How far shutters that pass testing in the factory and acceptance testing by lens makers can vary from the spec is an interesting question.

I've had one 150/9 G-Claron, a plasmat type. It came in a Schneider barrel, tube length supposed to be 20.00 mm, and had no shims.

3. Ponysoldier

Ponysoldier Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have had G-Claron lenses with the brass shims installed (usually installed in the front element because the front elements are not normally removed for mounting the lens/shutter on a lens board). I have also encountered this in other Schneider lenses but can't recall seeing it with other brands. Main thing here is not to lose the shim when disassembling the lens!
    Joel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.