Pleas Help me with my grainy Digital negative....

Discussion in 'Wet and Dry Hybrid prints' started by lzhou1, Mar 30, 2016.

1. lzhou1

lzhou1 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    i am currently working on Pt/Pd printing. i use inkpress and pictorico film and epson 4880 in photo black. the tonality is excellent after i calibrated the curve. But the image is kinda grainy. Because i also print directly from large format in-camera film, the result i got from the digital negative is far worse than what i got from a large format film. Dose anyone has problem with grain that from negative?

Ps, i use Na2 as contrast agent, so it is because of the negative. Also, i can see grain on negative.

Thanks!!!

2. pschwart

pschwart Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    How are you controlling the inks- ABW? QTR?
    How are you creating your correction curve?
    What driver settings are you using? You will definitely want to use glossy media and all the highest quality options (low speed, finest detail).
    Using more ink channels is one way to achieve smoother tonalities and reduce apparent graininess. That cananslate to making colorized negatives, or using a RIP like QTR for finer control.

3. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.