Piezography ink (Selenium)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Misc. -Anything Goes' started by darinb, Jun 23, 2016.

1. darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm lightening the load here at DB World Headquarters. Bought a Canon ipf8400 a few months back and just am not using the wonderful 3880 Piezograophy set-up any more. Some one else should be using it!

I have ink as follows...all are 350ml bottles:

1 - Matte Black (unopened)
    1 - #2 40% remaining
    1 - #3 10% remaining
    1 - #3 (unopened) Expires April 2017
    1- #4 85% remaining, Expires April 2017
    1- #5 80% remaining, Expires April 2017
    1 - #6 (unopened)
    1 - #7 90% remaining
    1 - Piezo Flush, 700ml, 70% remaining

Percentages remaining made conservatively. Don't know why some have expiration dates and some don't--I was buying ink like crazy for a while. I believe the undated stuff is only slightly older than those bottle with expiration dates, at worst.

I calculated my asking price by taking the retail price of each bottle and adjusting it for how full it is (i.e. a 60% full bottle was discounted 40% in my calculations).

That "retail price of the above (after adjusting for fill) is $757.79

You can have it all for $568.34, a 25% discount. Shipping extra from California 94037.

I may have a Epson 3880--amazing printer that never seems to clog--for sale as well. Discussing with my daughter who may wish to convert it back to a color printer (it has never tasted color inks!).

Feel free to ask questions!

--Darin

2. OP
    OP
    darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Back from my long summer trip. $525 for all of the ink, plus shipping. Also have a 3880 printer to go with this (price to be determined) purchased and used *only* with these inks. Probably under two years old, I'll have to check.

If you aren't sure what this is the ink set is a high quality black and white substitute for the standard Epson inks. Just change the color carts to these, flush the color inks out of your printer so the black in ready at the nozzle, and use a special print driver to print from Photoshop to the printer using many shades of gray. Good stuff.

--Darin

3. OP
    OP
    darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Just a heads up--this ink (and printer) are up for sale again--but I did use it to print with since this old ad (which I'd almost forgotten about!). I will re-evaluate the ink levels very soon but if you are interested ping me right away and we can figure things out offline.

Thanks,

--Darin

4. OP
    OP
    darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    All ink is on hold. Thanks!

--Darin

5. OP
    OP
    darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    ....and back on the market. Guy I was holding it for hasn't responded to messages.

$550 for all the ink.

The printer is $100 with no ink. The very front panel of the slide out print tray is missing but otherwise in good shape.

--Darin

6. OP
    OP
    darinb

darinb Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Quick pict of the printer:
    Printer.jpg