Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for Gerry M (8)

Gerry M

Shooter
Multi Format
I hope this is permitted. Colton Allen is a friend of mine that some of you may know from other forums as Swift1. He has just made this available from Blurb. I have seen a copy (waiting for mine!) and the results are first rate. This was printed from 21 negatives shot on a roll of 35 exposures. Hence the title "Twenty One of 35. Colton has a remarkable eye for composition. If any members know Colton, please don't hesitate to add your input. I have attached a photo of Colton composing on his pre-war Rollei.

http://www.blurb.com/b/8634971-twenty-one-of-35

Attachments

• 2017-11-20-0002 copy WEB for CS2.jpg
    2017-11-20-0002 copy WEB for CS2.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 78

Billy Axeman

Shooter
Digital
This guy Colton Allen is really good, he is a regular poster on the other form. The book mentioned here has only B/W photo's but I find his color photo's even better.

When I take a look on his web site (www.coltonallen.com/), however, I mostly see the generally accepted subjects and not the ones I like most; those with subtle colors and well thought out minimal compositions. The photo's in the 'Urban exploration' section come close but even this selection is a bit too cautious. Perhaps he is thinking his other photo's are not good enough, but he should get over his reserve and show us more.

Billy Axeman

Shooter
Digital
I first thought it was a book, but it is a magazine actually, so that leaves open the possibility for other photos in a next edition of course. My feeling is that his selection of photo's on the web site is too conformist. Personally I would appreciate more experiments like the ones he posts informally.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom