Pentax Spotmatic SP Body and Lenses

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by ronwhit, Feb 7, 2018.

1. ronwhit

ronwhit Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am selling this equipment for a friend who recently moved out of state. Asking price is $125.00 plus shipping via USPS in the CONUS. I would prefer not to break it up as it seems to be a complete kit at a fair price. I don’t have a Paypal account and so would like payment either as a bank check or USPS money order. If I didn’t already have a large herd of Canon Fd gear, I would be keeping this. I can understand the popularity of Spotmatics – simple, rugged, well built cameras. Here are the descriptions.

50 mm f 4.0 Macro-Takumar by Asahi Optical Well regarded macro lens. EX condition, focus is smooth, lens is haze and fungus free. Has Takumar (probably original) back cap, Soligor front cap.

50 mm f 1.7 Yashica Auto Yashinon DS-M Good condition w/ normal wear marks. Focus a bit “sticky”, but w/o play. Aperture blades are clean and snappy, with no haze or fungus. No caps.

35 mm f 2.8 Soligor VG condition, aperture blades are clean and snappy, with no haze or fungus. Focus is smooth, if slightly tight. Screw on back cap, no front cap. Front is protected by a 49 mm yellow Kenko filter in marginal condition.

135 mm f 2.8 Hoya Built in hood. VG condition. Focus is smooth. Aperture blades are clean and snappy, with no haze or fungus. Back cap is screw on Takumar, no front cap. Front is protected by a 52 mm Tiffen Haze filter.

90 – 230 mm f 4.5 Soligor Two Touch Zoom Built in hood. Good cosmetic condition, aperture is sticky, no haze or fungus. Has built in tripod collar, but lock screw is missing. Lens has what appear to be original front and back caps.

Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP camera body. Prism is dented, but does not affect function. Shutter speeds sound appropriate; shutter curtain is intact and travels smoothly. Condition of meter unknown but battery compartment is clean and corrosion free. Meter switch is tight but appears to work fine. Film advance lever is smooth and frame counter works. Self timer works. Door hinge and mirror foam need replacement. No body cap. Will ship w/ 50 mm Yashica lens noted above attached.

Kenko 2x-3x Auto Teleplus Teleconverter EX condition in a two part design with the “back half” basically an open extension tube, and the “front half” w/ optics and aperture from f 1.4 to f 22. Haze and fungus free. Has both front and back caps.

View attachment 195051 MVC-002S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG MVC-014S.JPG MVC-013S.JPG MVC-009S.JPG MVC-010S.JPG MVC-011S.JPG MVC-008S.JPG View attachment 195051 MVC-002S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG MVC-014S.JPG MVC-013S.JPG MVC-009S.JPG MVC-010S.JPG MVC-011S.JPG MVC-008S.JPG

Attached Files:

2. nick_clark

nick_clark Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Im not sure if you (or your friend) is aware but the Macro Tak listed is the relatively scarce 1st version which went out to true 1:1 macro (the rest of the 50mm Taks were only 1:2). The difference is explained here https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/S-M-C-Super-Macro-Takumar-50mm-F4.html

Quite an interesting lens for Pentaxians and worth considerably more than the 'regular' version...

Good luck with the sale!

3. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    what nick said, thhe one you have seems like a preset lens, the newer super macro takumars are going for over $100 at
    the auction site.

4. OP
    OP
    ronwhit

ronwhit Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Sold

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.