Paul Outerbridge

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by CMoore, Nov 13, 2018.

1. CMoore

CMoore Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    [​IMG]

I realize there are Thousands of "famous" photographers that i have never heard of, but for some reason i am surprised i do not know this name.
    I have only read a Very Brief bio on him.
    It seems he was rather ground-breaking.?
    Pioneered a flattering use of color and tasteful "nude" photography.
    It's nice when "you" can appreciate a talent in others, especially when that talent is not really Your Cup Of Tea, but you like the way they do it.! :smile:

2. guangong

guangong Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I picked up a book of his work in a used book store about 30 yrs ago. Published by Rizzoli in 1980. Used carbro process for color. Earlier work mostly bw abstract. I would describe his nudes as restful. Like you, not my cup of tea, but he was very good at what he did and a browse through his book every now an then can be rewarding. Study his composition. His pictures have weight, gravity.

3. tezzasmall

tezzasmall Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I too had never heard of him but just after reading about him and looking at some of his work, I have ordered a book about him, as I like to read and learn from as wide a range of photographers as possible - even unknown ones to me. :smile:

Terry S

4. trendland

trendland Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It is interesting in regard of style indeed. May be it is post - modern ?:whistling:

with regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.