Latest member
Luigi Galasso
Recent bookmarks

Sim2

Shooter
Medium Format
Hallo there,
A longshot this one but worth a try!
Does anyone know if the formula for the old (discontinued) Paterson Acugrade FX-31 developer is known? If so, where can it be found?

I do not think that it is produced by anyone anymore so any help will be useful.

Thanks.

Kevin Caulfield

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Do you mean FX-39? The formula has never been published. FX-37 is reputed to be very similar. I use it regularly and find it similar enough to FX-39 for my liking.

OP
OP
Sim2

Sim2

Shooter
Medium Format
Do you mean FX-39? The formula has never been published. FX-37 is reputed to be very similar. I use it regularly and find it similar enough to FX-39 for my liking.

Hallo, I *think* that the FX-39/37 is the film dev from Paterson. The Acugrade FX-31 is/was a print developer for multigrade papers.

Gerald C Koch

Shooter
Multi Format
I have no record of a formula for this name as published in the BJ by Crawley. Remember he did not publish all of his formulas and some remained trade secrets of the companies to whom he sold them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom