For Sale Outa' cash ~ Dig into the stash Sale #3 Portragon 4r the Nikon! 35mm Soft Focus!

Down the Cowgate

H
Down the Cowgate

The Mound

H
The Mound

Yesterdays Disguise

A
Yesterdays Disguise

Lake Country Corp.

A
Lake Country Corp.

Redwood

A
Redwood

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backseatpilot
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for jimgalli (2)

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Gotcha. It's no Cooke, but it IS a Portragon!

10cmPortragon_01.jpg

This delightful little japanese lens is a single meniscus soft focus lens in a focusing barrel with Nikon adapter.

10cmPortragon_02.jpg

It gets it's softness through color fringing, so it's hard to use it on color jobs. But sometimes it works good in color too.

WoodenShoes.jpg

So, if you're feeling lazy and broke and don't have a gazillion $$$ to spend on a Struss lens, you can have this for a tiny price, and screw it onto your Nikon and go have some crazy fun! Focus down to 3.2 feet.

10cmPortragon_02.jpg

The stepping ring is a press fit and I'll include it for you. It wasn't original to the lens, but it lets you use a 67mm filter of choice. With black and white, a yellow or orange can tone the softness down nicely. NO aperture at all. It works at f4. $225

OP
OP
jimgalli

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Not sure what I was drinking when I got a bit carried away on the price. Guess I figured I must have had at least $200+ worth of fun with this.

Tires.jpg

Anyways, NEW price and it is a lot of fun, so if I keep it, that's OK too. $125 includes shipping in USA!

OP
OP
jimgalli

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
Some new shots with the Portragon;

10cmPortragon_04.jpg

10cmPortragon_05.jpg

10cmPortragon_07.jpg

10cmPortragon_08.jpg

The trick with color is to de-saturate until it's almost gone. Flat colors like the indoor fruit didn't take any tweaking at all.

No more bumps for a while.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom