Members
Latest member
kim in
Recent bookmarks

Mike Kennedy

Format
Multi Format
Hello,
A friend just gave me a can(100ft) of outdated T-Max 100.Not my film of choice, but hey,a gift is a gift.The poor film hasn,t been properly stored and although unopened I,m sure it has suffered.
Any suggestions? ie; times/developer/push or pull.
Thanks,
Mike

zenrhino

Format
Medium Format
Mike Kennedy said:
Hello,
A friend just gave me a can(100ft) of outdated T-Max 100.Not my film of choice, but hey,a gift is a gift.The poor film hasn,t been properly stored and although unopened I,m sure it has suffered.
Any suggestions? ie; times/developer/push or pull.
Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, shoot it all, expect nothing, and consider any great shots that come out of it to be bonus points. I bought a bulk loader from a guy that had 50' of TMax 100 in it that the label said was 8 years old. Still gave me nice shots.

I wouldn't use it for production, but I wouldn't worry about it much. :D

Neal

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Dear Mike,

I would expose and develop the first roll normally. Make some prints first before adjusting because T-Max negatives look a bit thin to some folks. Find an old data sheet as the suggested development times changed when Kodak moved all their production to a new facility.

Neal Wydra

Konical

Subscriber
Good Morning, Mike,

Ditto to the comments above. T-100 keeps very well, even far past the expiration date.

Konical

Bighead

Format
Medium Format
Konical said:
Ditto to the comments above. T-100 keeps very well, even far past the expiration date.

I second that... I have used 3 year outdated Tmax 100 and received the same results...

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom