Olympus Trip 35 Mod.

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Sjixxxy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I posted this on photo.net back when I first did this to my camera, but now that this forum is here, I'll be linking it up here as well. :wink:

It is a little tutorial I wrote to take the very inexpensive (Yet equipped with a rather nice D. Zuiko lens) Olympus Trip 35, and turn it into a manual mode minimalist zen street shooter.

Olympus Trip 35 mod.

Enjoy.

2. sonygoup

sonygoup Member

Shooter:
    Analog
    Anybody got this mod?

3. 4season

4season Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Try this:
    https://www.kpraslowicz.com/2004/07/08/olympus-trip-35-1200th-modification
    I did something similar to a Trip 35 with a faulty light meter. For mine, I don't seem to recall having to dig so deeply into the camera's innards: I think I just located the (non-functioning) meter movement which would normally control aperture and shutter speed, figured out which positions corresponded to the higher 1/200th sec shutter speed, and held it in that position with a scrap of wire insulation and a tiny bit of contact cement. Which results in a fixed shutter speed (there were only two speeds to begin with...). For aperture, just use the aperture ring. Remember that it won't synch with flash anymore, because flash uses the 1/40th sec shutter speed.

4. albada

albada Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    How did you manage to get so close to people without them noticing you?

Mark Overton