Threads
Members
Latest member
stngoldberg
Recent bookmarks

Markppmm

Shooter
35mm
Hi, i'm new here just registered as this looks like a great site and am glad i found it by chance. My background in photography is hobby brought on by the fact i worked at Kodak (UK) for 15 years making film and paper at Harrow for professional use before i left in 2001.

Anyway,..........i googled Michael Spencer as the tel no i have for him doesn't work anymore and found he has retired. A real shame as Michael was a lovely guy to talk to on the phone and performed a battery modification and full service on my black OM1n for a very reasonable price which he did a fabulous job and has produced some great pics.

Is there anybody out there similar who has decades of knowledge who i can rely on to service a few om bodies i have?

Cheers Mark.

removed account4

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
hi mark
do you mind shippin across the puddle?
if you don't, john hermanson is a god walking
amongst men when it comes to anything olympus
http://zuiko.com

have fun :smile:
john

R.Gould

Shooter
Multi Format
Newton and Ellis in Liverpool, repairs any camera from the classics of yesteryear to digital and everything in between, they are the only place I would get any of my old cameas serviced/repaired, and over many years I have yet to have a bad repair, check them out, good work and nice people to deal with, this is from personal experisance and I have yet to find a camera that they cannot repair

OP
OP

Markppmm

Shooter
35mm
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still very much missing Michael and kicking myself for not using his services more than the once. He only charged £50 for a strip down service new light seals battery modification etc and his work was faultless.

Just googled Newton and Ellis and the reviews are quite mixed so not sure what to do now except way up the cost involved with the other places mentioned.

I have an as new OM1n i want to get serviced just to be on the safe side and for the battery mod before i use it but it's looking like cost is going to be prohibitive? I know Luton cameras, have used them to service 4 minty Oly lenses, a bit expensive when i last used them 6 years ago.

Is there anyone else with a good reputation with the lower overheads of working form home like Mike Spencer did?

Cheers Mark.

nsurit

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
+1 for John Hermanson at zuiko.com. You would have no disappointments with his work. Have used him for 15+ years. Bill Barber

OP
OP

Markppmm

Shooter
35mm
+1 for John Hermanson at zuiko.com. You would have no disappointments with his work. Have used him for 15+ years. Bill Barber

Thanks.

I have no idea but do you happen to know what he charges for a strip down service? I appreciate charges may differ depending on camera model within the OM range on the following i need serviced.

1. Black OM-1n
2. Black OM-4Ti

Cheers Mark.

L

faberryman

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Prices are on his website zuiko.com:
Black OM-1n - $119+
Black OM-4Ti- $190+

Last edited:

Ap507b

Shooter
35mm
Could try Miles Whitehead / Mwcamerarepairs.co.uk

Have sent two OM1's to him for CLA's & battery mods. Cost was £50 a year or two back

OP
OP

Markppmm

Shooter
35mm
Could try Miles Whitehead / Mwcamerarepairs.co.uk

Have sent two OM1's to him for CLA's & battery mods. Cost was £50 a year or two back

Spooky, i was just checking him out via "talk photography" as you posted and he has a very good reputation.
This will be much easier for me as i'm just above Heathrow on the cusp of Herts Middx and Bucks.
Many thanks David i will be contacting Miles asap. :smile: Cheers Mark.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom