Olympus OM-1n firing after winding

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by elmartinj, Mar 8, 2018.

1. elmartinj

elmartinj Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got a pretty well kept OM-1n a few weeks ago. Everythig was going well and then the camera started firing immediately after cocking the shutter. I kinda fixed it by pressing the shutter button and winding around ten times, and then it all came back as it should've been. I wonder if this is common, I read somewhere that this hapenned to someone and the camera died a few days later. Should it need a CLA?

2. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Was it on a tripod at the time? I had one do that but only when it was on a tripod, I think pressure on the base plate would somehow trigger the shutter during winding.

3. OP
    OP
    elmartinj

elmartinj Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It was in a bag while traveling but certainly not banged up. Was this solved or did you just end up avoiding tripods?

4. xtolsniffer

xtolsniffer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the end I just took the base plate off, then put it back on again and that seemed to do the trick, no idea why!

5. 4season

4season Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Clearances are very tight! On my OM1n, there are a couple of tiny metal shims cemented to the inside of the bottom cover for this very reason.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.