Members
Latest member
shawnmcc
Recent bookmarks

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Got a Weston Ranger 9 from E-bay,,, I've done the modification on another one that I use and love, for modern batteries, using a couple of diodes, but this one, has something perhaps wrong with the circuit board, it functions and then quits, acting perhaps a broken connection, or cracked circuit board.

I know how to take off the front cover and the back panel to adjust the R5 resistor, but does anyone know how to take off the back black back. Can't find anything on the web, and the manual of course does not have or show how to disassemble it.

Thanks for any help... or suggestions.

gleaf

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
One Ebay Weston I bought hsd a broken wire to the moving coil. Contacted some bounced open some.
Bit of under the microscope soldering did the trick.

pentaxpete

Shooter
Multi Format
I have been trying to repair some Weston Master meters, Mark II and V -- well the glass was loose in my old Master II and I found out how to get it apart with some help from a Forum then tried Super Glue on the glass but it came loose again so had to take it all apart again and use Craft Glue -- so am hoping for the best -- but the Master V is DIFFERENT to get into -- there are two springs which 'leap out' at the slightest touch attached to the flap and I could not get them back into their holes for AGES -- so have given up on the Master V, the needle will no longer go back to 'zero' and will not every time move in light.

OP
OP
peter k.

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
UPDATE:
Well I never got the back off, but I took the number scales off the front and was able with a magnifying light, look onto the circuit board, front and back. The connections where all fine.. the problem turned out to be something in the meter 'coil' that is open to the air.
Something must have got caught in there causing the meter not to work.
I had used Electronic Cleaner on the contacts, and decided to give a squirt at the meter, after proving that voltage was getting to the meter winding, but not moving it.
Did the trick.. and ordered some diodes to convert it to a modern battery. ;-)

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom