Not deleted: cool odd-formats resource

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by walter23, Mar 5, 2009.

1. walter23

walter23 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Blue Moon Camera in portland. I stumbled upon their website while looking for something else, and it turns out they have a few obscure film formats, and a lot of other interesting things! One notable thing is that they grind down the spools on 120 film so it will fit into those pesky 620 cameras - how cool is that? I think they only charge a surcharge of something like $1.50 to do this, so it's a pretty nice service.

http://bluemooncamera.com/index.php?fuseaction=newproducts.products&thisimg=1

I plan to drop by if I ever make it down the coast to Portland. Meanwhile I ordered something from them today and they were quite nice to deal with, sending me a detailed description and photo of the item I was interested in.

Just figured you obscure format shooters would appreciate hearing about it. Even freestyle doesn't, to my understanding, offer anything to fit 620 cameras. Seems like a very APUG-friendly place.

2. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Very cool. People should buy stuff from them so they can continue to be not-deleted. :wink:

3. Toffle

Toffle Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, very interesting. I bookmarked them about a year ago, but haven't purchased anything from them yet. (I wonder if they would be interested in my 1923 Underwood...)

Cheers,

4. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I like it!

5. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Walter... good info!

6. OP
    OP
    walter23

walter23 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, I found them (google search) because they had a strange lens that I'd been seeking in their inventory.

They look like a neat enough store that I figured APUG would be interested.

(If you need 620, you could probably grind down your 120 spools at home if you could figure out the technique, too.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.