Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks

dynachrome

Shooter
35mm
I have been using a Minota 5400HS flash with my 600si cameras and with a Quantum 1+ power pack. I had to modify the battery door on the 54000HS so the Quantum module would fit and so I wouldn't have to use velcro or rubber bands to get the door to close properly. I now have the Quantum MKE module and want to use it in a Nikon SB-25 with an N90S camera. The module fits in and works but it is not possible to modify the battery door of the SB-25 the way I did with the Minolta 5400HS. Quantum recommends the use of velcro strips to keep the battery door closed enough for the module to work properly. The SB-25 can be used with the Nikon SD-7 battery pack. The receptacle is near the bottom of the flash on the front. There must still be AA batteries in the SB-25 for this to work. The SD-7 is supposed to give more capacity and to shorten the recycle times. My questions is this - Can I cut off the part of the module which fits into the SB-25 from the MKE module cord, cut off the end of the Nikon cord which connects the SD-7 to the SB-25 and splice together the cord from the module which plugs into the 1+ battery pack and the flash plug from the Nikon connecting cord? If I could do that it would be much easier to get the Quantum battery pack to work with the SB-25 and the other Nikon SB flash units which have the same battery chamber.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom