Nikkormat FTN, FT-2 focusing screens...interchangeable?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by BradS, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Will the (nicer) focusing screen of of a Nikkormat FT2 fit in the Nikkormat FT-N? Are they the same shape and size?

I know that this is an operation that would need to be done by a professional camera repair person.
    What I'm asking is....if I took an FT-2 and an FTN to a professional and asked to have the FT-2 screen put into the FTN as part of a complete overhaul, would it fit?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. George Mann

George Mann Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It should fit, and since you are having a qualified technician service it, you could probably fit a brighter one from the next generation as well.

The tech would have to adjust the metering circuit accordingly.

3. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Adjusting the meter in the FTN involves changing resistors, with a soldering iron.
    It might be more practical to just go with the FT2 which iirc takes AgO meter cells.
    The FTN was available with a split image screen on special order.

4. OP
    OP
    BradS

BradS Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks to both of you. I knew somebody here would know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.