Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks

Hubigpielover

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Just got a new camera today and am pretty stoked. Currently in the works of buying a business and while working for the guy he mentioned he had a Nikon and did I want it? Hell yeah I wanted it. Not a Nikon but a Nikkormat FT2 with a Nikor SC Auto 50mm f1.4.

This weekend I will run some film through it and see how it handles but who is a reputable Nikkormat repairman and can they change the battery to a new one.

Thanks and it is good to be back.

Last edited:

BradS

Shooter
35mm
I have a Nikkormat FTN in for a CLA at Albuquerque Photo-Technologies. I've not got the camera back yet but, I only sent it last week and so far so good. I'm going to send another FTN to "Camera Service Company" in Smyna Georgia...the idea is to get both of my Nikkormats serviced and compare the two shops. They are both Nikon Authorized repair centers....two of only a handful (or so) left in the US.

Xia_Ke

Shooter
Multi Format
I had my FT2 done by Vermont Camera Works last year. The price was very reasonable, the turnaround time was quick, and it works super smooth now. Highly recommended!

https://vermontcamera.com/

mgb74

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I've used Garry's a few years ago with good results. At his price point probably not a complete overhaul but should get it working properly.

I've also used Zack's.

StevieRose

I would suggest Dave Easterwood of Dave's Camera Repair in Chelsea, Michigan. He is a master camera repairman with 40 years experience as well as three storage units of parts for old cameras. He has worked on many of my cameras through the years and has always done an excellent job at a reasonable price.
dave@davescamera.net
‭(734) 433-2640‬

OP
OP
Hubigpielover

Hubigpielover

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll give them a look after I test out the camera this weekend.

GRHazelton

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
How is Zack's? I was thinking about having them work on a Graflex for me. However, some reviews of them, on Google, are less than complementary.
Zack did a good CLA on my Werra-Matic and its 100 mm tele.

kivis

Shooter
35mm
Just got a new camera today and am pretty stoked. Currently in the works of buying a business and while working for the guy he mentioned he had a Nikon and did I want it? Hell yeah I wanted it. Not a Nikon but a Nikkormat FT2 with a Nikor SC Auto 50mm f1.4.

This weekend I will run some film through it and see how it handles but who is a reputable Nikkormat repairman and can they change the battery to a new one.

Thanks and it is good to be back.
Changing the battery is pretty easy. Never needed a repairman for that.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom