Threads
Members
Latest member
winkle
Recent bookmarks

Andrey

Shooter
35mm
I've been shooting for a while and I'm using print file storage sleeves in files. And to protect from dust I use a bag. But it gets cumbersome and inconvenient.

The prints I conveniently store in paper boxes.

Is there a good standard way to store negatives in print files? I want at least one crush proof box to carry stuff to the darkroom and back. And a cheap solution for storing the bulk at home.

I found a store that has aluminum designed boxes for film with an italian name on them, but I'm not ready to shell out that much.

How do you organize it?

Gerald C Koch

Shooter
Multi Format
You can buy acid-free archival storage boxes in numerous dimensions from several sources.

OP
OP

Andrey

Shooter
35mm
Could you give me some examples of your favourite ones? I was hoping to find something simple and good value for the money spent.

Or maybe even use common household boxes, but I can't immediately think of boxes of size I need.

Thanks

MartinP

Shooter
Medium Format
Any office-stationery store will sell archival boxes for A4/Letter size paper, as well as other sizes. These fit most negative sleeve pages quite well and are pretty much a standard product in wide use. I have three different (European) brands, sold as flatpack and assembled with stainless bend-and-clip fittings, which are within a millimetre of each other in size to fit standard archive racking systems. They really are everyday products, thanks to the need to keep paper documents.

Rafal Lukawiecki

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Have a look at http://www.archivalmethods.com, there's plenty to choose. I like using their hinged boxes with side-lock flap sleeves and yellow open-ended envelopes for 4x5 or white file folder envelopes for 6x6. Since I'm not sure what format you are looking for, here's an example for 6x6:

Negative File Folder 22-001 size 3-1/2 x 10-1/8
SideLock Sleeve polyester 31-102 size 2-1/4
Hinged Lid Box 02-003 size 10-1/4 x 5-1/2 x 4-1/2

you can add to this system as you need, including storage for contact sheets, prints, etc.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford Photo ADOX Freestyle Photographic Photo Warehouse Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom