Members
Latest member
Geoff mountfield
Recent bookmarks

Bertus

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The new assignment is Beautiness / beauty.

All pictures with beauty / beautiness in nature, people, Archticture, Fine Art, models,(family friendly), cars etc etc. are welcom. The guidelines you can find HERE: https://www.photrio.com/forum/threa...gnment-msa-guidelines-revised-2015-07.126124/
Free interpretation of the topic, here is an example.
I hope to see many many wonderful and interesting pictures with beautiness. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Bertus
Beautiness example.jpg

Last edited:

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks Bertus - this should be fun!
For those who might be unfamiliar with the MSA:
Bertus has included a link to the MSA guidelines in his post.
A reminder that we continue to operate this "Assignment" with "analogue" constraints. If you are going to be doing any manipulations, they need to be "APUG" type manipulations - done with either light, camera, darkroom tools or physical manipulations - no digital manipulation.
The normal rules are that all photos need to be taken no earlier than the beginning of the MSA period - January 1, 2019 on.
Note: If you are wondering about which themes have been used in the past, you can find the updated list here: https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/msa-themes-to-date-january-2019.156455/#post-2029915
I've edited (slightly) the thread title to be consistent with style and the contents of Bertus' post.
I've done my mini-moderator stuff with respect to Sticky designations.

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hmmm .. Beautiness & Beauty ... ..
My goodness, Bertus, .. there REALLY are no limitations to this challenge!!!

Beauty ~ "A combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And you will be the judge. :D
The only restrictions are the skills and the imagination of the participant! .. Of how far they can grasp the characteristic appearance of a defined area they choose, of light, shape and color, into a timeless image, that goes beyond the ordinary! Transforming it out of the common, into one that sets it apart, .. with a high delight of awe and admiration!

Ah ha,, Welcome to real Photography!
And that's quite an .. ASSIGNMENT, that you have given in the time frame allowed! :blink:
Well, here's wishing us all luck and skill in this endeavour... again .. :smile:

OP
OP
Bertus

Bertus

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Wow! what a fantastic and welcom explanation of this subject Peter! I really hesitate for a next example now:tongue:
But all or- nothing: Dunes. I'm shore all of you do this better, nicer and more beautifull then I do so come on with that immages:smile:

mooseontheloose

Shooter
Multi Format
Great theme Bertus! Now that I'm on holiday I'll be able to go and photograph something for this assignment (I hope! - I always say that, and usually I do, I just miss the deadlines to scan and upload my photos).

OP
OP
Bertus

Bertus

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Have a wonderful holiday and make lots of pictures for the assignment!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bertus

Bertus

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Half way! Of course, many beauty shots have already been made I think :smile: .
Great waterfalls, snow, plants, flowers, architecture, people, etc., let them coming!
Show them, we are very curious!

Last edited:

russljames

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
A rare warm and sunny winter day that didn’t happen when I was at work, a fresh glass of local craft Imperial Stout, and my Nikon F5 loaded with 1988 expired Kodak Recording Film. For me, that’s a beautiful combination.

· Epson V600 Negative scan

· Developed in HC110

JanFeb 2019  MSA.jpg

macfred

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
From a recent visit to Arnhem / The Netherlands. This beautiful church ceiling caught my eyes (Eusebiakerk) ...

img666.jpg

Mad World - Rolleiflex 3.5F - CZ Planar - Kodak 400TX

Attachments

• img666.jpg
    img666.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 62

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
As they are in a church..
Souls heading to heaven?

macfred

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
How bizarre. What on heaven or earth are they exposed to represent macfred?
As they are in a church.. Souls heading to heaven?

Paul and Matt, thanks for your interest - the installation is known as the 'Paratrooper memorial'.

The church was extensively damaged during the WW 2 following Operation Market Garden in 1944. When the battle over the bridge that crosses the Rhine occurred, between paratroopers under the command of British Lieutenant-Colonel J. D. Frost and the Germans, the church was completely burnt out. Later the tower, weakened by the fire, collapsed entirely (from wikipedia.com)

OP
OP
Bertus

Bertus

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Thats really a beauty with an interesting story. I like the film of Operation Market Garden "A Bridge To Far" about 45 Years ago. Many, many soldiers died here in the battle of Arnhem for our freedom. We always remember them!!!

macfred

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Thats really a beauty with an interesting story. I like the film of Operation Market Garden "A Bridge To Far" about 45 Years ago. Many, many soldiers died here in the battle of Arnhem for our freedom. We always remember them!!!

Bertus, thank you for the thoughtful comment!

mooseontheloose

Shooter
Multi Format
I shot two rolls of film for this assignment and did not get a chance to develop them before I left for my trip to Europe, so :getlost:. Oh well. One of these days I will get the photos I shoot for these assignments in on time!

paulbarden

Shooter
Large Format
February 23, 2019: Tulips #5
Wet plate collodion image on glass, 5X7 inches, using a Voigtlander f3 (approx) lens, circa 1852.

Voigtlander.tulips.05c.jpg

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom