MOUNT EVEREST THE RECONNAISSANCE, 1921

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by Hubigpielover, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hubigpielover

Hubigpielover Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not technically a photo book but has some great photos of the team and environment taken with Kodak cameras. Good read. That goes into the equipment used, natural history, and geography. I would be interested in seeing how the cameras and film did at the higher elevation.

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/39421/39421-h/39421-h.htm

Note to Admin: delete or move if this is in the wrong sub-forum

2. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice - thanks!

The discovery, exploration, and attempts to reach the summit fascinate me.

It's impressive how accurate the explorers were in their initial calculation of its height - from 100 miles away.

3. OP
    OP
    Hubigpielover

Hubigpielover Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Me too. I am reading Dan Simmon's The Abominable which takes place in 1925. Simmon uses real people and facts and that got me searching and I found this. If I come across a good book about the early expeditions I will let you know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.