Monocromatic Photo Competition "Hariban Award" -call for entry

Discussion in 'Call for Entries' started by projectbasho, Apr 26, 2017.

1. projectbasho

projectbasho Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to tell you about this year’s Hariban Award, presented by the Benrido Collotype Atelier in Kyoto. The Hariban Award is a photo competition open to photographers of all levels working in black and white. The winner will receive a two week trip to Kyoto, Japan; where they will work with the master printers at Benrido to create a portfolio of collotypes. This is a rare opportunity for analog photographers to experience a printing method that would normally be out of their reach.

The competition is calling for 12 monochromatic photographs of any medium, but obviously the collotype is better when paired with film. Check out the website for more details or follow this link http://bit.ly/2pAqBZK

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just got this notice in my mailbox as well. I'd love to have my work done in this process, but I doubt my portfolio of work would ever be chosen. I'm hoping to go see the current exhibit featuring this process at Kyotographie this Golden Week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.