Threads
Members
Latest member
adam m
Recent bookmarks

elocinexx

Shooter
Multi Format
I asked about this in another thread but maybe it will get a better audience here. I am gathering supplies to start DRY plate tintypes. I found a brand of plates that are a better value (15 for the same price as 10 of the Rockland plates + shipping costs). They are "Modern Collodion" Tintype Plates.

Dead Link Removed

I found them at BH, Amazon, Freestyle, etc. They are marketed for wet plate and alternative process. Does anyone have experience with these plates for dry plate tintypes or even wet? I was leaning towards using liquid light emulsion for them because of it's versatility, but I would be willing to try Ag+ if that works better for these plates. I am unsure if they are treated (assuming they are). I emailed the company asking if they would work, but it's always good to hear first hand experience. I could not find anything via google or here on the subject so that makes me a bit worried that they may not work. Any info would be helpful and appreciated :smile:

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom