Minolta 360PX flash - PC cord type

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mabman, Feb 12, 2011.

  1. mabman

    mabman Member

    Jun 7, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    I'm posting this for posterity, as I couldn't find the answer and had to ask around before I figured it out.

    I purchased a Minolta 360PX flash - not super common, but a nice unit with manual settings, tilt and swivel. Slightly less powerful than a Vivitar 283/285, but typically half the price or less, and with the added bonus of having a low trigger voltage and swivel.

    However, the manual doesn't indicate what type of connector is used for the flash end of the PC cord - it only mentions "single prong".

    The 1/4" male connector used for my other now-dead flash was too long. After looking and asking around locally, it turns out the correct end is known as a "Vivitar end" - so a "Vivitar to PC" cord is required for connections. New ones are available from http://www.pccords.com/vivitar.asp - probably you can find them on eBay or elsewhere from those who have gotten rid of Vivitar flashes but kept the cords.

    Hope this helps unconfuse someone else in the future :smile:
  2. b.soysal

    b.soysal Member

    Dec 1, 2009

    I know it's been almost a year since you posted but I wanted to thank you. I have 2 360px flashes and I was looking for a tirgger cord. Your information should be very helpful to the other 360px users as well. Thanks again.