Microcord Price

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by baachitraka, Jan 3, 2018.

1. baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any suggestion how much this Mk II of Microcord should cost?

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I paid £70 for an excellent Microcord MkII with a case, I wouldn't pay more than £100. The Ross xpres lens on mine is the sharpest of all my TLR lenses and that includes an Opton Tessar and Xenotar.

Ian

3. OP
    OP
    baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks indeed. One gentleman wanted to offer €85 without shipping for Mk II with case. I thinking to ask for €75 for everything.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    €85 plus shipping is a very fair price, if you get it for less it's a bargain :D

Microcords are well made but according to Basil Skinner's book on MPP the owner states that there were issues with Microcord lens collimation, Like the Reid Leica copies and MPP Micro Technical these were all better than the German cameras they copied, but then the German manufacturers had progressed to newer models :D Particularly Leica.

Ian

5. OP
    OP
    baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any words on how the lenses were collimated in Mk II.

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, it's in Basil Skinner's book but I've never heard it elsewhere, I don't rate Basil Skinner's book as he lies about the MPP Graflex tie up, where MPP sold adapted Speed Graphics as Micro Press cameras.

Ian

7. OP
    OP
    baachitraka

baachitraka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If that kicks Xenotars a*** then it should be pretty good lens. Also the film advance and focus knobs on right-hand side and it will make flash fotography with hammer heads easier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.