?? Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 - Beyond 1:1 Reversed (lens focused to infinity??)

Discussion in 'Macro Photography' started by Old-N-Feeble, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For use with extension tubes to attain larger than 1:1, should I focus a 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor AIS to infinity and use a longer tube? I'm assuming the floating element affects corner sharpness if not matched to magnification.

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Something you probably have to just test for yourself with some short loads.

I don't know about using a floating element lens reversed. I think in the Nikkor system, when one wanted more magnification than your lens+extension tube (1:1) one would move to one of these lenses with a bellows:
    [​IMG]

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, not to infinity. as you do not go to infinity at either side.
    But set the lens at shortest distance, to get the floating elements be of effect, and reverse the lens.

4. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    enlarging lenses are good for micro photography. Ou just need a 39mm to NikonF adapter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.