MEOPTA MEOCHROM COLOR HEAD - VOLTAGE CHANGE

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by pdelrosario, Feb 1, 2018.

1. pdelrosario

pdelrosario Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I recently acquired a MEOCHROM color head and would like to change the voltage settings from 220v to 110v. I opened up, but can't seem to figure out how to do so. I know the fuse needs to be changed, but the actual voltage is what boggles me. There seems to be no switch to easily change from 220v to 110v. Any advice appreciated.

2. Martin Rickards

Martin Rickards Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It in fact runs a 12V 100W halogen lamp. So you need a 110V transformer capable of outputting 100 W and reducing the voltage to 12 V.
    I suppose it would be better to use a stabilised transformer, but I just cobbled 2x50W transformers together in parallel and it seems to work well enough,
    I note that you use MF. Make sure that you have a mixing chamber to match. If you're using an Opemus you'll need a 6x6 chamber and a Magnifax needs up to a 6x9 chamber.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    pdelrosario

pdelrosario Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ah, sorry...I should have written that I was referring to the actual power supply that came with the color head. The power supply is clearly capable of running at 220v and 110v as the stickers and the fuse box indicate so.

4. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can you post pictures of the transformer? The Omega transformers require one to remove a connector to the transformer's primary and put it on the appropriate place on the coil. Maybe yours is similar.
    Omega Power Supply.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    pdelrosario

pdelrosario Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Problem solved!!!! Cheers! The solution was as you described - just a matter of pulling off the plate / contacts from 220v and connecting to 110v.